Intermediate Apprenticeship in Accounting
Type of course
About the course
How is the training delivered?
The training delivery takes place at Farnborough College of Technology; there is a choice between day release and evening class. In addition, there is regular progress and monitoring support visits to the workplace.
What does the Apprenticeship cover?
The programme covers a range of accounting skills and includes the following four components:
1. Level 2 Certificate in Accounting: all units are mandatory and exams are taken to assess core knowledge.
• Recording financial transactions
• Preparing financial documentation
• Preparing ledger balances and extracting a trial balance
• Maintaining & reconciling the cash book
• Banking procedures
• Maintaining petty cash records, the journal & control accounts
• Work effectively in accounting and finance
• Basic principles of costing
• Provide basic cost & revenue information
• Computerised accounting
• Professional ethics in accounting & finance
2. Functional Skills: English Level 1 & Maths Level 1
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
What are the benefits?
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
Further information or to recruit an Apprentice
Please contact our Employer Hotline on 01252 407299
Who is the Apprenticeship for?
This training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in or providing support within an accounting environment. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-C in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment. They must like working with numbers and can demonstrate the potential for developing good communication skills. The programme is suitable for job roles such as accounts clerk, credit control assistant, finance assistant or purchase ledge clerk.