Advanced Apprenticeship in Accounting
Type of course
About the course
Who is the Apprenticeship for?
The training programme is intended for new staff or existing staff working in an Accounting environment. It is designed for roles such as trainee accounting technician and assistant accountant.
How is the training delivered?
The training delivery takes place at Farnborough College of Technology; there is a choice between day release and evening class. In addition, there is regular progress and monitoring support visits to the workplace.
What does the Apprenticeship cover?
The programme covers a range of accounting skills and includes the following four components:
1. Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
All units are mandatory and exams are taken to assess core knowledge.
• Principles of accounts preparation
• Extending the trial balance using accounting adjustments
• Accounting for fixed assets
• Preparing accounts for partnerships
• Prepare final accounts for sole traders
• Principles of cash management
• Cash management
• Principles of costing
• Providing cost and revenue information
• Principles of VAT
• Preparing and completing VAT returns
• Professional ethnics in accounting
• Spreadsheet software
2. Functional Skills: English Level 2 & Maths Level 2
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
What are the benefits?
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over, with completion of an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship (Level 2) in Accounting, or A-Levels in English & Maths or Accountancy. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an AAT initial assessment.