Mix and Match
Looking to keep your options open for the future?
Combine a vocational BTEC course with academic A Levels.
We give you the flexibility to study a personalised mix of vocational Level 3 courses from the faculty of Media and Creative Arts, alongside one or more A Level /AS Level.
This combination gives you the chance to develop your creative and technical skills in a practical hands-on way, using the college’s state-of-the-art facilities.
What are Vocational BTEC courses?
These courses are taught in a more subject-orientated setting with an emphasis on the practical skills needed for a specific profession. Practical assignments make up most of the assessments and lead to UCAS points for university applications. You can study a one A Level equivalent over one year or a two A Level equivalent over two years.
What are A Levels?
A Levels are mostly classroom-based, where you will study subjects in depth. They are typically assessed by exams and give you a broad choice of options to progress to, either at university or in employment. They take two years to complete and also lead to UCAS points.
5 Reasons to Mix and Match!
Learn a wide range of both academic and vocational skills
- Make university or job applications stand out
- Greater variety of assessments – it’s not all exams!
- The chance to test out different types of course
- Our 100% A Level pass rate means you’ll get all the support you need
Decide how you would like to continue studying!
How do I apply?
Search for the Vocational BTEC Course you would like to study online.
- Once we receive your application online we will contact your references and invite you to an interview.
- At the interview you can discuss which A Levels you would like to study alongside the Vocational BTEC Course.
Five GCSEs grade A*-C, including English Language and a successful reference and interview.
The following courses have additional requirements:
Mathematics, Computer Science, Psychology: B grade at GCSE in Mathematics
Biology, Chemistry and Physics: GCSE B Grade in subject or BB in Core and Additional Science; B grade in Maths highly desirable