Apprenticeships for Businesses
Apprenticeships provide affordable training for employers as the training costs can be subsidised by the Government. Apprenticeships are for people aged 16 and over. We can help you with recruitment by providing a Training Needs Analysis, advertising your apprenticeship job vacancies free of charge and screening applicants to meet your business needs. Alternatively, an existing member of your staff can also be considered for an apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship Levy
In spring 2017 the way the government funds apprenticeships in England is changing. Some employers will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy, and there will be changes to the funding for apprenticeship training for all employers. Find out more...
An apprenticeship grant is now available
for eligible employers recruiting 16 to 24 year olds. Find out more
about whether this grant could help your company!
What are the benefits of recruiting an apprentice?
- A cost-effective way of recruiting and/or training new staff
- Skilled and experienced staff can help increase your sales, efficiency and profitability and give you the edge over your competition
- Recognising talent and supporting your staff through apprenticeships improves their performance, motivation and loyalty
- Apprenticeships are tailored to organisational needs and to the needs of each individual learner, with a range of flexible delivery models
- Government funding is available to contribute towards the apprenticeship costs
Why Farnborough College of Technology?
- Largest provider of apprenticeships in the region
- Over 30 different apprenticeship programmes on offer
- Support with recruiting an apprentice
- Dedicated account manager to provide a single point of contact and support for the employer
- Judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted across all areas of work
- Experienced Business Services team who have worked with over 6,000 employers offering a variety of services
- Superb professional, industry standard qualification and training programmes
- Wide range of higher education , professional and management programmes to offer onward progression for apprentices
Our successful work with employers is recognised in Farnborough and Aldershot, and surrounding areas such as Guildford, Basingstoke and Woking, or further afield...
Our Business Services team deliver training and support to apprentices across a large geographical area. Don't worry if your business is not local to the College, we support apprentices in many areas such as Guildford, Basingstoke, Woking and London, so do contact us if you want advice on our schemes.
Most qualifications and skills are achieved through a combination of workplace assessment and College attendance, though some apprenticeships can be achieved entirely in the workplace. Please call us on 01252 407299 or contact us online to discuss your requirements.
Apprenticeships - FAQs for Employers
ITV ‘Meridian Tonight’ broadcasted 9th February 2011, The Principal of Farnborough College of Technology and students from the Apprenticeship scheme featured on this programme as part of a national awareness campaign, highlighting this valuable scheme.