Need to train your staff?
The College, Training Excellence accredited, is a local provider that has been delivering training for over 50 years in Farnborough and the surrounding area. We have worked with over 6,000 employers in that time and maintain close working relationships with local businesses; we provide training and developmental courses that are both flexible and tailored to your business.
We were recently awarded 'Outstanding' in our Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) inspection.
Principal Christine Slaymaker said “Ofsted described us as ‘Outstanding’ this stunning result is truly a testament to the dedication of staff, students and local employers who have all played their part in our success. We have demonstrated that as a College we believe in what we do and can deliver it to the highest standard.”
What employers like about working with us was summarised by the Ofsted inspectors as follows:
- the effort the college makes to ensure that training meets employers’ needs
- the flexibility of progress reviews and assessments to meet the working patterns of the business
- the quality of the support the college provides to apprentices in the workplace
- the speed of the reporting of learners’ absence and the quality of communication with the college
- the friendly and open atmosphere in the college
- the high standard of work produced by the learners they employ
This fantastic inspection result combined with our ongoing commitment to training quality excellence assures our learners and employers of the quality they can expect from us.
As a local business working with us, you will benefit from:
- The dedicated Business Services Team who speak your language will work with you to identify and listen to your requirements
- A free Training Needs Analysis and training plan customised to your organisation
- Wide range of training solutions available
- Free advice on how Apprenticeships and NVQs could help to develop your staff
- Short courses relevant to your industry, including those tailored to local aerospace companies
- Cost effective tailored training designed and customised to provide solutions to your business needs
- Top 25% in the country for learner success rates
- 95%+ of employers gave positive feedback about training received
- Some of our employers have been doing training with us for more than 20 years
- We are 100% focussed on delivering skills for employers
If you currently support an employee, aged 24 or over, with access to training, you need to be aware that courses at level 3 or level 4 including Advanced or Higher Apprenticeships, starting on or after 1 August 2013 will no longer attract Government grant funding. However, employees wanting to take one of these courses will have the option of applying for a Government-backed 24+ Advanced Learning Loan to cover the cost.
Please read our What employers need to know fact sheet to find out about the options for continuing to support your employees aged 24 and over who may wish to access training at an advanced or higher level.
If you employ an apprentice, visit the National Apprenticeship Service’s website http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Employers/The-Basics.aspx for additional information on funding options for Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships.
Call 01252 407299 to speak to our Business Services Team who will be delighted to provide you with information on our courses, or visit you in your workplace to discuss your training needs.
Get a degree that gives you more but costs you less... Find out more.
Employers taking on their first 16-24 year old apprentice can now claim £1,500! – find out more