There are various levels available and students are prepared for the relevant ESOL Skills for Life examinations offered by City and Guilds.
General course and levels
- Beginners classes (Entry Level 1) are aimed at students who have little or no English. They are suitable for people who have either recently arrived into this country or those who have lived here for a number of years but have never received any formal English teaching.
- Elementary classes (Entry 2) are aimed at students who have completed a basic course or who are already able to read, write and speak in everyday situations.
- Lower Intermediate classes (Entry 3) are aimed at students who have a reasonable understanding of written and spoken English, but who need to improve grammar, vocabulary or spelling.
- Intermediate classes (Level 1) are for students who have completed Entry 3 or equivalent but who wish to build on their knowledge and skills.
- Advanced classes (Level 2) are aimed at students with a good working knowledge of English who wish to improve their skills for employment or educational purposes.
Classes are available in Farnborough College of Technology during the morning, afternoon and evening.
All students will be assessed initially to determine the most suitable level, time and location of class.
For further details call 01252 407185 or email ESOL@farn-ct.ac.uk.