Students Living in Surrey

Student Fare Cards

Surrey County Council issues Student Fare Cards for either bus or train travel to students who meet the criteria.

The student fare card scheme is for students aged between 16 and 18. It allows travel on buses or trains at reduced rates for journeys to and from college.

You can apply for a Fare Card for either the bus or train providing:
  1. You are a Resident in one of the following boroughs:
    • Mole Valley
    • Guildford
    • Spelthorne
    • Surrey heath
    • Waverley
    • Woking
  2. You are attending a full-time further education course (excluding paid apprenticeships).
  3. You are aged 16 or over, but under 19, on 1st September.
For more information and to see how to apply, please visit the Surrey County Council’s website.

After applying, your Fare Card will be sent to the College Reception for you to collect.

For further information, please call Student Services on 01252 407394, email, or visit the Student Services Office.