Farnborough College Bursary Scheme
Students whose families receive benefits because of low income can apply for a bursary to help towards their costs whilst studying. The bursary can include contributions towards the costs of travel, meals, uniforms personal equipment and trips. The normal maximum bursary for any student, taking into account all of these payments, is £1,200 per College year.
Farnborough College Bursary Application Form
To obtain the bursary a student or their parents should receive on or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit, during the initial roll out of the benefit
- Housing benefit
- Council Tax Reduction (other than single occupancy)
In order to apply for the bursary, students should complete the "Bursary Application Form" available here. If you require more information, please phone Student Services on 01252 407394, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call into the Student Services Office.